There’s only one thing that is more important to us than developing the confidence your student needs to conquer the SAT, and that is your student’s safety.
Recent weeks in the wake of the Cororavirus have been turbulent to say the least. We have taken a number of measures to create as safe an environment as possible here at LTP.
Safety measures to create a safe learning environment
- Tables and other surfaces are being wiped down after every class.
- Entrance & exit touch points are being wiped down multiple times each day.
- Hand sanitizer at the entrance for students to use upon entering the classroom.
- Given that there are only 5-6 students in a class, we have rearranged the tables so students are at least an arms distance apart. Please note that this is well under federal guidelines for 10 or fewer persons in a gathering.
- Candy/snacks have been removed from classrooms.
- Our coffee bar is now closed.
- No food is allowed in classrooms.
- External doors are left open during class to promote air flow.
- The central air is NOT run during classes.
Can my student take the course online instead of in person?
Absolutely! Students have the option of attending in-person or online. These are highly interactive classes with give-and-take between instructor and student encouraged and expected.
Our LTP team has worked fast and furiously to re-configure our SAT and ACT Small Group Test Prep classes to address the ever-evolving COVID-19 situation. We have invested in high-quality video streaming equipment so that we can continue to safely deliver our exceptional classes to our students. We pride ourselves in our delivery of high-quality instruction, so though we’ve worked quickly, we have not compromised the quality of our offerings.
What happens if the College Board cancels the June SAT?
Your student’s success is our success. As with students from our January and February classes, we commit to offering weekly stay sharp online classes and practice tests in the event the June SAT is canceled. We do not want your student to lose the mental muscle memory that s/he will develop while taking our course. There will be no charge for these stay sharp classes or tests, however, if you feel compelled to make a donation, we will welcome it. We have invested in video camera and streaming equipment to ensure that we can adequately rise to meet the needs of this unprecedented situation.