For students taking the AP Microeconomics test, LTP is offering a small group (max 10 students) AP Microeconomics Review Course over the four weeks leading to the May 17th AP Microeconomics test.
AP Microeconomics Review Course ($599):
This review will be taught by Jack Maschler. Included in each course:
- Four 2-hour sessions (schedule below)
- All materials
- 2 proctored AP tests
- Content review and strategy covering both the multiple choice and free response sections.
AP Microeconomics Review Schedule
- Practice Test #1: Before Week #1
- Week 1 – Sunday, April 21st | 12pm – 2pm
Content Covered: Introduction, Production Possibilities Curve, Trade, Comparative Advantage, Circular Flow, Supply and Demand, Shifters, Elasticity, Taxes/Subsidies
- Week 2 – Sunday, April 28th | 12pm – 2pm
Content Covered: Perfect Competition, Long Run, Short Run, Efficiency, Production, Diminishing Returns, Monopolies, Oligopolies, Monopolistic Competition, Price Discrimination
- Week 3 – Sunday, May 5th | 12pm – 2pm
Content Covered: Resource Market, Supply and Demand for Resources, MRP, MRC, Hiring Workers, Monopsonies, Labor Unions
Practice Test #2 (TBD based on student schedules)
- Practice Test #2 (TBD per student schedule between Week 3 and Week 4)
- Week 4 – Sunday, May 12th | 12pm – 2pm
Content Covered: Market Failures, Positive and Negative Externalities, MSC/MPC, MSB/MPB, Free Riders, Role of the Government
Again, each class is capped at 10 students, so space is limited. We skip April 14th due to spring break.
The basis of the course content will be the Loudoun County AP Economics Textbook. Supplemental materials will also be used.